INSIDE: How to make a Halloween ghost pillow cover with fleece for fall Halloween home decor.
I’m scary serious when I say that ‘spooky’ is not a game I play at Halloween. Let’s just say I still think about the horror movie I watched at an 8th grade sleepover, like, way too many
years decades ago. Weird, I know. But that’s how I’m wired.
So needless to say, I much prefer cutesy Halloween decor. And a friendly ghost, like Casper or this fleece fella right here, doesn’t cause me to remain wide eyed come night fall. Learn how to make this ghostly guy….
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
DIY halloween ghost pillow cover
I know enough about sewing to be considered scary! But I can sew myself an envelope pillow in 20 minutes (or a heck of a lot longer if my trio of cute ghouls suddenly come out of the woodwork!)
This project is based off my DIY Autumn Pumpkin Pillow. Replace the pumpkin with the ghost. Doh!
– Fabric in Halloween colors of your choosing
– Sewing machine + thread (here’s a basic machine to get you started if you don’t have one)
– Straight pins + sewing scissors (these pins are pretty cute)
– Tape measure
– Pillow insert (these pillow inserts come in different sizes)
– Fleece (white, green and gray)
– Glue gun
DIY easy halloween ghost home decor
Lay out the fleece and cut 2” strips. Fold the individual strips in half and cut small slits along the fold. Roll tightly to make a rosette and secure with hot glue. I made 31 white rosettes and 5 gray rosettes.
Position the individual rosettes onto the pillow in a ghost shape. Secure with hot glue.
If desired, cut out the phrase “BOO” and add a couple of additional fleece rosettes.
How do you decorate your home for Halloween? Do you go all “spooky” or are you more like me, all about the cuteness factor?
DIY Autumn Fleece Pumpkin Pillow
Other DIY Autumn Home Ideas You May Like:
- 10 autumn home decor ideas you can buy online
- Super creative outdoor autumn wreath ideas
- Use fabric scraps to make autumn pumpkins
- Easy clean Thanksgiving tablescape
- Use a paper bag to make a Thanksgiving turkey wreath