This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HostUltimateTailgate #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite memories of dating my husband was attending Saturday football games together. Let me be clear: I had great fun going to all the pregame tailgating parties. Come the actual football game, I would spend more time checking out the crowd, eating my endless pit of popcorn and eyeballing the team’s mascot on the sidelines. Good thing my then boyfriend was smitten enough to overlook my lack of game attention!
Now with a trio of kids and a much busier life, our football days are all about staying home with the game on in the background. However, one can still get into the spirit of fall ball with an easy at-home tailgating party complete with brown paper bag football-themed snack bags and refreshing drinks like Coca-Cola® and COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR.
And be sure to check out these 10 Tailgating Tips for a fun-filled Game Day…at home!
DIY Easy Paper Bag Football Snack Bags
When out shopping to score great deals in time for the game, be sure to toss some brown paper lunch bags into your cart (I found mine at my local Arizona Safeway store). Here are three super easy football-themed snack bags to make for your football-loving guests.
– Brown paper lunch bags
– Scissors (I used zig zag scrapbooking scissors)
– White craft paint + brush
– Hole punch
DIY football party tablescape
Football Snack Bag #1:
Cut the paper bag in half. I cut mine about 2/3 of the way down.
Lay the bag flat and use white craft paint (or a white marker) to add some football threading.
Football Snack Bag #2:
Outline a rounded triangle-like shape halfway down the paper bag. (You are mimicking the shape of the end of a football.) Keep the bag flat and cut out.
Use white paint to add some football stripes and threading.
Make two punches at the top of the bag and insert a ribbon to close.
Football Snack Bag #3:
Open the paper bag and make a cut down the crease in the side of the bag. Continue cutting until you reach the middle of the bag. Turn the scissors and cut a straight line to the other side of the bag. Then proceed to cut up the crease on the other side of the bag.
Just like in Snack Bag #2, outline a football-like shape on the uncut side of the bag. Cut out.
Add some football details. Once dry, fold over to close the bag.
ideas for football tailgate party at home
Hosting a tailgating party at home is sure to score you a touchdown!
Here are 10 football tailgate party tips:
- Lots of yummy foods, including easy to eat finger foods and dips
- If the weather allows, pull out the grill and throw on juicy hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs or grilled veggies
- Wear the colors of the team you are supporting. Pull out face paint for guests to fully get into the spirit of the game
- Show your spirit by having the team’s logo everywhere, including napkins, cups, flags
- Keep party goers entertained during commercials and halftime with games like corn hole and ring toss
- Forget the parking lot! Pitch the tailgating tent in the backyard complete with camping chairs, fold-out tables and the pregame activities on in the background
- Have a great spot to watch the game with a screen large enough for all to see the action
- Set up an easy photo booth by hanging a referee striped black-and-white background with a handful of football props for fun photo-taking
- Pass out beverage koozies for guests to use at the tailgate and then to take home with them to use for the next big game
- Use frozen water balloons to keep buckets of beverages like Coca-Cola and COKE ZERO SUGAR cold and refreshing all game long
How do you celebrate Game Day every weekend during football season?
Play baseball? DIY Ideas
Use brown paper bags to make easy Baseball Goodie Bags for team snacks.
Pack team snacks in cellophane baggies with FREE printable baseball tags.
Other DIY Ideas You May Enjoy:
- $5 outdoor movie night blanket
- Summertime fiesta paper napkin wreath
- Astro turf outdoor throw pillow with flowers
- DIY college sports team colors travel coffee cups
- Easy outdoor chalkboards for backyard fun