INSIDE: DIY gallery wall of couples photos to celebrate special moments in a couple’s life. DIY photo wall for master bedroom.
I was provided a personal photo wood print by Nations Photo Lab. All opinions are mine.
Once kids arrive on the scene, your home seems to become the kids territory as they take over more and more of your formerly adult spaces. However, the one room that is kinda-sorta still kids-free is the master bedroom.
Regardless of the monkeys that climb in and jump on our bed every.single.morning, the master should be an homage to the couple that kicked off the crazy jungle we now find ourselves living in!
Here’s an easy way to create a gallery wall of couples photos, including a special wood print photo by Nations Photo Lab.
DIY Gallery Wall of Couples Photos
When planning a gallery wall, I love to mix eclectic pieces of art and photos together to create a unique statement.
My favorite thing to do, before making a single nail hole in the wall, is to use scraps of paper in various shapes and sizes to mimic the variety of items I want to display. This allows you to play with the layout, move things around and gives you ideas of what you may need to shop for to complete the gallery wall.
Sorry the quality of this photo is so not gallery-friendly!
Diy photo wall design
Gallery walls can be a unique way to tell a story, like the story of a couple’s relationship. This gallery wall of photos and special items tells the story of my husband and I, like the numbers ‘5 5 0 5’, the date we got married; the wrought iron cross we purchased at an amazing thrift store in Santa Fe, where we celebrated our engagement; and the wood print wrap taken on our honeymoon in Mexico.
Pretty amazing A) that I was that skinny at one time and B) that this photo was taken from a hard copy photo taken years before cell phone photos and fancy digital cameras! This wood photo wrap is printed on real maple wood and the photo is fully wrapped around the wood.
make a gallery wall of couples photos
Every item on this wall has special meaning for us! Like the B+V heart that we hand painted on the gift bags left in our wedding guests hotel rooms, or the “crazy” phrase my husband wrote in a card. The more eclectic (random, maybe?) the collection of art, the more of a boutique feel it has.
How do you decorate a themed wall? Here are a few tips I have picked up along the way…
- Paint the gallery wall a lighter color if using bright and bold art decor
- Don’t be afraid to blend modern with traditional art together on the wall
- Have fun with the layout. Use painter’s tape or paper to arrange the layout before you pull out the hammer and nails
- Use unique frames, such as using an old baking pan or a mirrored tray
- Mix paintings, framed art and sentimental pieces together to add interest to the wall
How can you make a special wall in your home?
Other Home Decor Ideas You May Like:
- How to make over a $20 thrift store coffee table
- Turn a dresser mirror into large scale wall art
- Use a salvage yard staircase banister as a DIY gallery photo wall
- Upcycle an old sweater into a cozy winter wreath
- Transform an old baking pan into a unique wall frame