This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Campbell’s® , Lipton, Premium Crackers, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #SickDaySolutions #CollectiveBias
There’s nothing worse than being sick! I can handle a sniffling and sneezing preschooler. I can handle myself feeling run down and just wanting to crawl back under the covers. But a sick husband takes the cake! There’s nothing harder than a grown man lounging around all sad and miserable because he has a cold.
So when that special person comes down with a case of the chills, nurse them back to health with a DIY get well soon gift basket complete with a DIY “get better” chicken soup bowl. And get that 40-something year old husband off the couch even faster!
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
How to Make a Painted Chicken Soup Bowl + Wellness Gift
Want to get someone outta the sick bed even faster? Make them a fun – and easy to put together – Get Well Soon gift basket.
What to put in a Get Well Soon basket?
- Campbell’s® soups
- Nabisco PREMIUM saltine crackers
- Lipton teas
- Over-the-counter meds, like TYLENOL® and TheraFlu
Other basket ideas can include:
- Fun book to read
- Relaxing music to listen to
- Brainteaser activities, like crossword puzzles
- “Get Better” DIY chicken soup bowl + spoon
How to Make a Painted Chicken Soup Bowl
There’s nothing quite like a bowl of hot Campbell’s® soup when you’re feeling crummy. It warms you up when you need it most without any artificial colors/flavors. And putting soup in a fun get better bowl may bring a small (sad) smile to that under-the-weather person today!
Sketch out a simple design onto a white porcelain soup bowl. I used a pencil to do this.
Use craft acrylic paints (or Sharpie markers) to bring that sketch to life.
Look at this cute bandage! Who wouldn’t get better for this guy?!
Let the bowl dry. Place the bowl into a cold oven and preheat it to 300°. Let it “bake” for 30 minutes. This will help seal in the paint and protect your design.
how to make a get well soon care package
Whether it’s for a sick friend or your significant other propped up on the couch, show them you want them up and about and feeling better with a DIY get well soon care package.
Packed with love in my Get Better Soon gift include:
- 4-pack of Campbell’s® soups
- “Soothe Your Tummy” Lipton tea with ginger, peppermint and fennel – part of Lipton’s new wellness range of herbal supplements boosted with botanicals
- Nabisco Premium saltine crackers – ideal for soothing upset stomachs or as my kids call them, “sick crackers”
- Theraflu “ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu”to help defeat sore throat, nasal congestion, chest congestion, fever, cough, headache, body aches…without a prescription
- TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night caplets to relieve painful cold and flu symptoms like coughing, congestion, and sore throat both day and night – for ages 12 years and older
I found all these care package ingredients at my local Kroger Fry’s store. Get your digital coupons here for greater savings!
Place the care package items in the box or basket, add some basket filler and complete with a ribbon bow.
Here’s to getting well soon!
Campbell’s® – © 2018 CSC LP Lipton – © 2018 Unilever Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed. TYLENOL® – ®Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.