INSIDE: DIY living room beach gallery wall around a wall mounted television. How to decorate with eclectic thrift store finds.
I was provided an artificial tree by CommercialSilk.com. All opinions are mine.
Raise your hand if you have a big honking wall-mounted TV. Maybe one that sits smack in the middle of a wall? If so, we’re all part of the How to Decorate Around Wall TV club. Lucky you.
For the longest time, the TV sat alone. Dominating the space. Eventually a large canvas print joined it. That just looked awkward; it needed more friends.
Here’s how to design an eclectic (in my case, beach-themed) gallery wall around a wall mounted television. Because you don’t want that oversized tv to get lonely…
How to Make Fun & Eclectic Gallery Wall Around Television
Got scrap paper? My mother saves me all her excess paper. Stuff she gets in the mail that she X’s out and hauls to my home in a rather large stack. It’s meant for the kids to use for their chicken scratch and doodles. Somewhere in the chaos of everyday, they wind up using my brand new printer paper while I reach for the stack of previously folded, dog-eared paper scraps.
However, old paper comes in really handy when planning a gallery wall!
Save yourself needless nail holes. Tape (scrap) paper together, cut into shapes and sizes to mimic the variety of items you plan to display. It’s a great way to play with the layout and move things around. Without needing spackle.
Can you find the retro wall speaker in this photo?!
How to Make Easy Gallery Wall Around Television
I love to mix eclectic pieces of art and photos together to create a unique statement.
They can be items you’ve picked up while traveling, items “shopped” from other rooms in your home or, even better yet, crazy crafty stuff you’ve made.
So, how do you create a gallery wall?
- Paint the gallery wall a lighter color if using bright and bold art decor
- Don’t be afraid to blend modern with traditional art together on the wall
- If the TV sits on or above a console, incorporate lamps, flowers or vases to soften the area around and under the TV
- Find an interesting picture frame and “frame” the TV
- Have fun with the layout and don’t be afraid to use unique and eclectic items like an old baking pan turned wall frame, a hardcover coffee table book converted into a photo frame or miniature beach prints made from paint chips
how to decorate around a wall mounted tv
Gallery walls can be a unique way to tell a story or showcase a theme. In my case, it would be funky beach.
As Arizonans, we “escape” our desert heat each summer with a couple weeks of sand and sea. Fortunately I have a trio of “beach bums” and a husband who doesn’t mind the 6-hour drive in exchange for some cool(er) days.
I completed the gallery wall with a high quality artificial tropical palm tree from Commercial Silk. You can find more tropical trees and other artificial plants at CommercialSilk.com.
more gallery wall ideas!
How can you make a special wall in your home?
Other Home Decor Ideas You May Like:
- How to make over a $20 thrift store coffee table
- Turn a dresser mirror into large scale wall art
- Use a salvage yard staircase banister as a DIY gallery photo wall
- Upcycle an old sweater into a cozy winter wreath
- Transform a vintage suitcase into a photo display