INSIDE: Use a tin can with personal photos to make a Christmas holiday flower vase. Easy DIY Christmas gifts for parents and grandparents.
Are you a holiday movie junkie? I am. My husband rolls his eyes when he finds me watching a sappy holiday movie on the Hallmark channel…as early as October!
There are some movies I could watch year after year and still enjoy them as much as I did the first time. One of them being the Family Stone. Do you know this movie? Gotta love a dysfunctional family at Christmas!
Create an easy and simple holiday craft inspired by the movie Family Stone and the importance of family this time of year.
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
How to Make Easy Holiday Photo Tin Can Vase
This makes for an easy gift to give grandma, who welcomes anything with the grandkids photos all over it. The only time-consuming part of this crafty holiday DIY is narrowing down the cutest photos of the kids to print! Check out the Tin Can Photo Vase I created for Mother’s Day!
– Tin Can (I used a 28oz can), cleaned and label removed
– Photos (color or black and white) printed on premium photo paper
– Mod Podge + craft paint brush
– Craft scissors
– Clear Acrylic Sealer (spray)
– Ribbon or trim (do you love pom pom trim as much as I do?)
– Glue gun
how to use kid photos for easy christmas flower vase
Measure the dimensions of your tin can and print photos to fit the size.
I converted my photos to black and white but that is an optional step.
Cut out the photos.
Apply some Mod Podge under the corners of the photos and along the sides.
Place the photos onto the can. It’s okay if the ends overlap the can.
Cut off any excess paper along the top and bottom of the can with craft scissors.
Apply the pom pom trim to the top of the can. Apply a thin ribbon to the bottom of the can.
Fill with cut flowers (best to insert a secondary vase inside the tin can) or a small potted plant. Or, use it to create a gift basket full of favorite things.
Other Christmas Ideas You May Like:
- Easy Christmas envelope pillow cover tutorial
- $3 Dollar Store paper doily Christmas cookie plate
- Plate charger chalkboard “Merry Welcome” sign
- Mini cupcake liner Christmas tree garland
- Turn an ugly Christmas sweater… into a skirt