INSIDE: Use mini cupcake liners to make a Christmas tree garland.
Oh, the stresses of the holidays! For the past couple holiday seasons, our pre-light artificial tree has become less sparkly and bright. I don’t know what’s more shocking to you: that we are a fake tree family or that said faux fir had blotchy light patches!
So when we made the splurge on a new Christmas tree, out to the curb also went the hand-me-down tree garland. Since I balked at purchasing a designer garland, I made a $3 tree garland instead…
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
tree garland from mini cupcake liners
My M.O. is to make it for less and do it simply and quickly. However… If you’re like me that you have kids running around, wet clothes to pull out of the washing machine and school pick-up to rush off to, this super easy project may wind up taking you all day! But it looks cute and fun at the end and that’s what matters, am I right?!
Distractions aside, gather your supplies:
– Mini cupcake liners (I found mine at the Dollar Store. If you can’t find any, check these out)
– Cardstock, or any sturdy paper
– Fishing Wire
– Craft Glue (this is my fave project glue)
– Craft Scissors (get three different scissor sizes in this pack)
how to make a christmas tree garland
how to string the mini cupcake liners garland
Continue in this manner until you reach your desired length. I made garland chains that consisted of 30 cupcake liners. Our Christmas tree is 7.5′ in height. I made a total of 10 chains to drape around our tree. This amounted to 300 mini cupcake liners. I clearly overestimated the # of liners so I would need so there will be lots of yummy baking this holiday season!
Other DIY Holiday Ideas You May Like:
- Easy sew modern holiday pillow cover
- Holiday tin can vase using personal photos
- Turn a plate charger into a chalkboard for a “Merry Welcome” to guests
- Ugly Christmas sweater turned comfy, cozy ugly Christmas skirt
- 5-minute Christmas cookie plate using paper doilies