INSIDE: How to make a 5 minute personalized school backpack tag from a pre-painted wood decal.
Is it happy back-to- school time where you live? The countdown is on over here! The house is noticeably quieter and calmer although the constant drop-off/pick-up driving brings about its own level of stress!
This time a year is always so fresh-looking! The kids are wearing non-scuffed-up shoes, stain-free outfits and shiny new backpacks and lunch boxes. (How long will they stay this way, right?!)
Since you may already be feeling the pain of all this back-to-school shopping, let me show you how to make not only the quickest backpack tag BUT the cheapest!
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
5 minute diy backpack tag
As all parents (and grandparents) know, labeling everything our kiddos take to school is paramount! Making your own custom backpack tag is a cute and colorful and easy way to further label your kids goods.
– Pre-painted wood cutout (lots of themes and endless cutout colors here)
– Drill (I used a cordless version like this)
– Small drill bit (I used a 1/32“)
– Beaded ball chain (they can be easily cut to your desired length)
– Miniature letter scrapbook stickers (how cute are these small letters?)
back-to-school name tag for school
Here’s how to make a 5 minute back-to-school backpack tag!
Start the new school year off labelled and organized with a 5 minute DIY backpack tag.
And here’s to avoiding searching in the school’s lost and found bins!
Other School-Teacher Projects You May Enjoy:
- “Teachers Rule” photo frames from school rulers
- Teacher travel mug with student thank you note
- “My Teacher Is Super” fill-in-the-blank printable
- 5-Minute pencil teacher gift with free printable label
- Free printable thank you poem + teacher frame