INSIDE: How to make DIY teacher appreciation gift using inexpensive photo frames and school rulers. Easy Thank You gift for teacher.
Teachers rule! As a [frazzled] mom to three, I’m not sure how our teachers can calmly and patiently manage a class of 20-something when I’m often run ragged by my trio. So whenever I can show my kids teachers how much they are greatly appreciated, I’m all over it.
As the school year comes to a close, I want to gift these special teachers with a small but creative token of their daily hard work …and to keep them in our good graces for my two active boys who are now in their classrooms!
So, I created an end of year Teacher Appreciation Gift that shows them how much they “rule”!
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
How to Make Teacher Appreciation Thank You Frame
Show your teachers how much they “rule” in four easy steps!
Bonus: Have your child write a note or draw a picture to include within the frame.
Supplies (to make one frame):
– Picture frame (simple and inexpensive)
– 4 x wooden rulers
– Craft glue
– Cardstock (or scrapbook stickers like these)
– Foam adhesive squares (if using cardstock)
– Lined notebook paper (optional)
How to Make Teacher Appreciation Ruler Frame
Step No. 1:
Measure the ruler against the size of picture frame you are using. Cut rulers accordingly.
Friendly Note: I was able to cut these rulers using my regular ole all purpose scissors. No special sharp tools needed. Yay!
Step No. 2:
Glue the rulers onto the frame. You may need to weigh it down with some soup cans or use clamps to hold in place.
Step No. 3:
If so desired, create some simple teacher graphics using the templates below and some cardstock.
They were adhered with some foam adhesive squares for a 3D look.
If not feeling that crafty, use scrapbook stickers instead. It’s all about the thought, right?!
Step No. 4:
Insert a sheet of lined notebook paper inside the frame.
Have your child write their teacher a Thank You or draw a picture!
More Back to School DIY Ideas:
- DIY teacher gifts using (clean) tin cans
- Teacher appreciation poem + photo frame craft
- “My Teacher Is Super” free printable for kids
- Make a reusable first day-last day of school chalkboard for photos
- Have a germ-free school year with free printable lunch box notes
- 5-minute backpack name tag
- It’s Hip to Clip! DIY 10-minute Box Tops collection envelope