INSIDE: Easy teacher gift baskets using tin cans for school year teacher gifts.
Raise your hand if you’re ready to send those kids that you love, love, love so much back to school?! Summer has been fun and busy and memory-filled but it’s time. Time to hand them lovingly over to those amazing teachers for seven hours a day!
And this is why I want to gift these great teachers with a small token of appreciation (like this teacher frame using dollar store supplies) as we kick-off a new school year.
Learn how I used a variety of tin cans to create a trio of quick and easy teacher gifts as we [read: mommy] excitedly waits for the First Day of School!
*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
DIY Teacher Gifts from Tin Cans
Save those tin cans and easily transform them into a cute and colorful teacher catch-all. Also works great for organizing school supplies at home.
– Tin cans (any size)
– Scrapbook paper
– Craft glue (this is my favorite glue)
– Small scrapbook letters/numbers stickers (how fun are these miniature stickers?)
– School supplies (pencils, rulers, glue) and/or flowers
Step No. 1:
Measure the height of the can. Cut the scrapbook paper accordingly. You can choose to cover the rim of the can (as I did) or leave it exposed as a cool metal border.
Step No. 2:
Wrap the scrapbook paper around the can. You will want to overlap it slightly at the back. Secure the paper with craft glue.
Step No. 3:
Add decorative elements to each can depending on the iconic school design chosen. Here are some ideas:
Apple: Add stem, leaf and bookworm
Pencil: Add eraser and “No. 2” symbol
Ruler: Add numbers, lines and “School Rules”
Step No. 3:
Fill with school supplies, flowers or even sweet treats for your child’s teacher.
Here’s to a Happy School Year!!
Other Teacher-School Projects You May Enjoy:
- Use a dollar store photo frame to make a teacher appreciation gift
- “My Teacher Is Super” fill-in-the-blank printable for kids
- DIY teacher survival kit + free printable tags
- First Day/Last Day of school reusable chalkboard for photos
- Fun germ-free lunch box notes
- 5-minute personalized backpack tag